Home

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Make Your Own 'Little Me' Coraline Doll

I was mesmerized when I saw the opening title sequence of the stop-motion animated film, Coraline. The movie, which is based on the book by Neil Gaiman, begins with a doll with black button eyes. The doll is plucked up by mechanical claws, unstitched and unstuffed, and then put back together with different features.

The new doll resembles the story's heroine, Coraline.

It is so creepy and fabulous. So, I was thrilled when I stumbled upon the shop YesterdaysTrashArt, where you can purchase a pattern to make your very own 'Little Me' Coraline Doll! The pattern was featured in the Summer 2009 issue of Stuffed magazine

Everything Coraline 

2 comments:

  1. I love Coraline. I will definatley use this! Most people find me "different" but i don't care. Being my dark, "devil-worshipping" self is all i could ask for. More delicously different things! The Raven and Black Cat RULES! (-_\\ (_///)

    ReplyDelete